The Team of the Month recognition is awarded for the amazing work that numerous teams, groups, committees and departments perform either on a regular or occasional basis that directly relates to any of our five cornerstones: People, Quality, Service, Growth and Finance. The Team of the Month is given a luncheon celebration hosted by Alan G. Macdonald, president and chief executive officer; banners listing their team name are featured throughout our facilities; a framed certificate; and an opportunity to present at a leadership meeting.
Nomination forms may also be picked-up in the human resources office at either Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford or Melrose-Wakefield Hospital.
Team of the Month: November 2015
Fund Development Department
Hallmark Health’s fund development department enhances patient care by raising money to advance our programs. The members of the team do all fundraising activities themselves with efficiency and enthusiasm. They are keenly conscientious of reducing overhead expenses in order to give the maximum amount of funds raised back to the system’s programs. In two and half years, the department has reduced spending by 35 percent, allowing more of their efforts to benefit our patients and health programs.
Funds raised have been used in multiple disciplines and have a huge impact on the community and patients. Notably, development efforts support the following programs, which includes just a few examples of the many areas the department helps enhance.
- · Hematology and Oncology Center, CHEM Center, and Comprehensive Breast Center, including breast health programs and some services not covered by insurance
- · Center for Weight Management and Weight Loss Surgery to expand the program into new space and start an aftercare program for our post-operative patients
- · Pelvic floor program has been able to provide community education
- Concussion prevention programs throughout north suburban Boston
- · Bone and joint camps for orthopedic patients and their families
- · The physician-at-home program, which brings back house calls for patients
- · Supportive services for women with substance abuse disorders and their substance-exposed newborns
- · Providing CPR training for over 900 high school students a year and Infant CPR Anytime kits for parents with babies in the Special Care Nursery
The development department has seen significant fundraising success through excellent event management, sponsorship development, and focus on cost per dollar raised on a monthly and annual basis. Our development team is truly a collaborative partner at Hallmark Health that has a positive influence across the organization.
News & Events
Tuesday, November 17 2015 13:24