LMH boasts some of the most technologically advanced and highest quality clinical programs in the area. Areas of special expertise include:
- A cardiology program that offers advanced treatment and ongoing research using the most advanced heart medications including ACE inhibitors, beta blockers, and lipid-lowering agents to manage the care of patients after a heart attack or patients with heart failure. The largest enroller for clinical cardiology trials in Boston's northern suburbs, LMH is currently involved in several studies exploring new treatments for congestive heart failure.
- A comprehensiveCancer Center offering the most advanced treatment and support services in community-based settings. The program is fully approved by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons and provides a wide variety of treatment options including surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation close to home. Only 20 percent of U.S. hospitals have approved cancer programs. In addition, patients have access to the latest clinical trials and latest cancer care developments.
- The Joslin Diabetes Center Affiliate at Hallmark Health.
- Diagnostic imaging and x-ray including PET-CT scanning, a highly sophisticated test that gives physicians pinpoint accuracy to access cancers.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation at LMH is one of the few programs in the state. Referrals often come from teaching hospitals who rely on our program to care for their patients.
- A Center for Weight Management and Weight Loss Surgery designated as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery.
- Geriatric Medical-Psychiatric programs specialize in providing evaluation and treatment of psychiatric disorders in the geriatric population and patients with acute/chronic medical problems.
- A full-service Travelers' Health Service, offering travelers piece of mind when visiting third-world countries by providing immunizations and follow-up care.
LMH also boasts a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education, The Lawrence Memorial/Regis College Nursing Program has been educating professional nurses since 1924 and is one of the few hospital-based nursing schools in Massachusetts offering either a two-year nursing degree program or a four-year program for students seeking a nursing degree and B.S. The program is notable for its emphasis on direct patient care and academic collaboration with Regis College. A unique preceptor program offers students an opportunity to work one-on-one with experienced nurses in a variety of clinical settings. The nurse preceptors are relieved of direct patient care duties in order to help train nursing students and new nurses at LMH.
In addition LMH and Regis College have recently added a radiography technology education program to address the shortage of trained x-ray and ultrasound technicians. To learn more, visit www.lmregis.org.
News & Events
Tuesday, April 26 2016 19:37
Not to be missed...
Monday, May 9
Thursday, May 19
Tuesday, May 24