- Maternal - Newborn Services
- Level II Special Care Nursery
- Preparing to care for your baby
- Baby Friendly Hospital
- Melrose-Wakefield Hospital Baby Café
- The Breastfeeding Support Center
- Newborn Screenings
- Pain Management Options
- Special Care Nursery
- Education and Information
- Visitor Information
- Birth Certificate Information
- Prenatal & Community Health Education
- Safety & Security
- Maternity Tour Schedule
- Web Nursery
- Contact Us
- All Pages
Baby Friendly Hospital
Melrose-Wakefield Hospital has been designated as a Baby Friendly Hospital. The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative is a program of the World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF). Baby-Friendly birthing facilities worldwide take special steps to create an environment for parents and infants that ensures the best start for breastfeeding.
What does this mean for you?
- You and your baby will receive the best care and support as you begin your new life together.
- You and your baby will be cared for together in your room (the rooming-in model of care delivery) and will not be routinely separated.
- Nurses with specialized training and lactation consultants will be available to help you with breastfeeding.
For further information about Baby-Friendly, call the Breastfeeding Support Center at (781) 979-6455.
News & Events
Wednesday, January 14 2015 13:16