- Maternal - Newborn Services
- Contact Us
- Baby-Friendly Hospital
- Patient Information
- Preparing to Care for Your New Baby
- Prenatal and Community Health Education
- Maternity Tour
- Pain Management Options
- Caesarean Births
- Level II Special Care Nursery
- Special Care Nursery
- Newborn Screenings
- Safety and Security
- Birth Certificate
- Web Nursery
- Visitor Information
- Melrose-Wakefield Hospital Baby Café
- Breastfeeding Support Center
- All Pages
Melrose-Wakefield Hospital has been designated as a Baby-Friendly Hospital. The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative is a program of the World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF). Baby-Friendly birthing facilities worldwide take special steps to create an environment for parents and infants that ensure the best start for breastfeeding.
What does this mean for you?
- You and your baby will receive the best care and support as you begin your new life together.
- You and your baby will be cared for together in your room (the rooming-in model of care delivery) and will not be routinely separated.
- Nurses with specialized training and lactation consultants will be available to help you with breastfeeding.
For further information about Baby-Friendly, call the Breastfeeding Support Center at 781-979-6455.
News & Events
Tuesday, November 17 2015 13:24