- Created on Thursday, February 11 2010 05:00
Feb. 12, 2010- As many as 3.8 million sports and recreation related concussions are estimated to occur in the United States each year.
A concussion is a brain injury caused by a bump or blow to the head that can change the way your brain normally works. Even what may seem like a mild bump or blow to the head can be serious. Coaches, parents or anyone involved in the care of young athletes play a vital role in identifying and responding to concussions. Those who play school or recreational sports, ranging from football, basketball, hockey and lacrosse to cheerleading and gymnastics are susceptible to a concussion.
- Created on Thursday, February 04 2010 05:00
Feb. 4, 2010- Hallmark Health System, which includes Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford and Melrose-Wakefield Hospital, is pleased to announce that its Diabetes Education Program is expanding.
- Created on Monday, February 01 2010 14:20
Feb. 1, 2010- In an effort to provide diabetes patients with the most comprehensive care available, the Diabetes and Endocrinology Center at Hallmark Health System’s Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford recently added regular appointments with a podiatrist to its list of services.
- Created on Monday, February 01 2010 05:00
Feb. 1, 2010- Hallmark Health System, which includes Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford and Melrose-Wakefield Hospital, joins with the rest of the world in expressing its deepest sympathies for the people of Haiti after the devastating earthquake in their country earlier this month.
- Created on Monday, January 18 2010 15:22
Jan. 18, 2010- Hallmark Health System announces that the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at Melrose-Wakefield Hospital has been awarded certification by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
- Hallmark Health welcomes new physician
- Find out why Olympic hockey great Mike Eruzione has all his orthopedic procedures performed at Melrose-Wakefield Hospital, orthopedic care which he describes as "spectacular"!
- Hallmark Health Bone & Joint Program receives national recognition
- Hallmark Health focuses on preventing falls in hospital and beyond
News & Events
Wednesday, August 27 2014 17:31