In concert with the mission, vision and values of Hallmark Health, the professional nurse, with the support of the nursing care team, embraces the following commitments to our internal and external community:
- We embrace RESPECT as the cornerstone of our actions, supporting each other as well as the needs of our patients and their families while valuing cultural, ethnic and religious diversity regardless of race and social standing. We believe in upholding the DIGNITY and WORTH of every member of our health care family and every patient we serve.
- We believe that by functioning within our professional standards of practice, we provide safe, quality patient care. Through our care delivery model we promote COMPETENCE, COMPASSION, COMMUNICATION and CRITICAL THINKING in health promotion and disease prevention across the continuum of life.
- We believe as professional nurses we practice AUTONOMOUSLY with ACCOUNTABILITY and RESPONSIBILITY in managing and coordinating patient care. We are committed to ADVOCATING for patients to achieve optimal outcome oriented care.
- We are committed to COLLABORATION with the entire health care team to provide the highest quality holistic patient and family-centered care.
- We are DEDICATED to providing comprehensive care guided by ethical principles and utilizing sound judgment.
- Our unique culture of caring embraces a SHARED GOVERNANCE MODEL which promotes involvement of each individual toward the achievement of common goals.
- We believe that through a life-long commitment to our individual and collective professional growth and development, we promote optimal patient outcomes relying on the best of research and experience.
- It is in utilizing and sharing our experiential wisdom that we cultivate an environment of excellence and high professional and personal satisfaction.
Professional Recognition Program
Downloadable DOC - 209kb
Nursing Service Organization & By-Laws
Downloadable DOC - 136kb
The mission of the Hallmark Health Department of Nursing is to provide quality care to patients and families of the communities we serve. This mission fosters a nursing culture which promotes nurse leadership and autonomy, professional development, critical thinking and cultural competence.
As professional nurses and members of the nursing care team, our most important responsibility is achieving positive outcomes for our patients and nursing staff. It is through our professional practice model that we fulfill our vision.
News & Events
Wednesday, August 27 2014 17:31