We offer a full spectrum of breast care support services, including a breast care nurse navigator. Our nurse navigator plays an integral role in the Breast Center, including one-on-one consultation as well as providing educational support. The role of our nurse navigator has many facets including:
• Coordinating individualized care for each patient
• Assures timely access of scheduled appointments
• Provides emotional support to patients and their families
• Works closely with our inter-disciplinary team
• Educates patients about individual cancer diagnosis and treatment options
• Helps patients make informed decisions about treatment and care
• Advocate for patients throughout treatment
• Assist with recovery and rehabilitation plans.
Our nurse navigator offers personalized support and is a unique asset that is only available at some medical centers. She is able to bring knowledge and comfort to all of our patients and serves an important role as a facilitator and guide for patients providing support through each phase of diagnosis and treatment.
To contact our Nurse Navigator, Shelley Beckley, NP, please call (781) 224-5807.