• Board Certified Radiologists specializing in breast imaging
• Board Certified Surgeons
• Breast Care Nurse Navigator
• Certified/Registered mammographers and ultrasonographers
• Licensed and Lymphedema Certified Physical Therapist
Board Certified Radiologists:
Board certified radiologists, who specialize in breast imaging, are located on-site. The experience, training and skills of the physician interpreting your mammogram are even more important than the state-of-the-art technology that we use. At Hallmark Health System we are able to have the benefit of the best of both physician and technology.
• Olga Efimova, MD, Director Breast Imaging Services
• Esther Sreter, MD
• Joshua Stein, MD
Board Certified Surgeons (on site)
• Matthew W. Brown, MD
• Diana L. Caragacianu, MD
• Carl Danielson, MD
• Claire Shernoff, MD
• Catherine Tucker, MD
Board Certified Plastic Surgeons
• Peter Gee, MD
• Richard Peinert, MD
Breast Care Nurse Navigator
We offer a full spectrum of breast care support services, including a breast care nurse navigator. Our nurse navigator plays an integral role in the Breast Center, including one-on-one consultation, as well as providing educational support. The role of our nurse navigator has many facets including:
- • Coordinating individualized care for each patient
- • Assures timely access of scheduled appointments
- • Provides emotional support to patients and their families
- • Works closely with our inter-disciplinary team
- • Educates patients about individual cancer diagnosis and treatment options
- • Helps patients make informed decisions about treatment and care
- • Advocates for patients throughout treatment
- • Assists with recovery and rehabilitation plans.
Registered Mammographers and Ultrasonographers
Our mammographers are licensed by the state of Massachusetts and certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, and our ultrasonographers are certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography. All of our technologists attend educational seminars to stay current with the latest in technology and techniques in breast imaging.
Licensed and Certified Lymphedema Physical Therapist
Our physical therapist is a highly-trained, licensed and certified lymphedema specialist with extensive experience working with oncology patients, cancer-related fatigue and scar tissue adhesions.