Hallmark Health’s Patient and Family Advisory Council is made up of community members, current and former patients, and employees who serve to strengthen community relations with local cities and towns and provide valuable input from local residents on area health needs. The council also provides an independent community perspective to help he organization enhance patient services.
The council thus far has offered suggestions on a number of service enhancement initiatives such as the introduction of quiet times in patient care areas, the Urgent Care Center at Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford and renovations and improvement projects at both hospitals. This year, the council is focusing on a number of service enhancement and awareness initiatives that address quality and safety. For example, the council is reviewing hospital visiting hours and meeting with many stakeholders in the organization to improve the patient experience.
Join us! The Patient and Family Advisory Council is recruiting for new members. Here is some information about criteria for participation:
- • Must be or have been a patient, family member, caregiver or staff of Hallmark Health
- • Should be committed to the vision of Hallmark Health
- • Be able to regularly attend meetings and be committed to the group as a whole
- • Represent the mixture of cultural, social and economic backgrounds at Hallmark Health
- • Be assertive, open-minded, objective and resilient
- • Be willing to listen to others, share with others and compromise when appropriate
- • Be able to promote trust and gain support from other members while maintaining confidentiality
- • Be able to represent the views of other families along with their own positions in an understandable and meaningful way